Buildings divided into flats can pose an increased risk from fire to the occupants, particularly if those premises are poorly designed, managed or maintained. The legal situation in England and Wales is that the common areas of premises are subject to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (FSO). This course, developed in response to the fire safety training requirements of housing association managers and surveyors, offers essential instruction and information for the effective safe management of residential buildings. Focussing on the fire protection inherent in most residential properties, the course explores the identification and rectification of failures within the fire protection provided.
Course duration is 7 hours, including registration.
Who will benefit
Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Landlords, Surveyors and those that manage, or have some responsibility for any multi-occupied residential premises, will be especially interested in this course.
You will develop:- awareness of the key principles of fire prevention, control and fire protection in such premises;
- knowledge of the common fire hazards and risks associated with residential buildings;
- awareness of the basic principles of smoke control in residential buildings;
- awareness of the acceptable upgrading techniques for doors and elements of structure.
The course content includes:- fire safety legislative requirements;
- fire science;
- current guidance documents applicable to residential buildings;
- means of escape and life risks specific to the common areas of residential premises;
- property fire protection;
- fire detection and alarms;
- some upgrading techniques for existing structures;
- human behaviour;
- plan based exercises
Assessment and Certification
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Please note - there will be a maximum of 12 deligates per course.
For more information or to make a booking, please contact our training department.
-By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Turnbull Fire Consultancy Ltd
32 Hazeleigh Avenue
Or contact us to arrange a specific course at a venue to suit you
Return to training main page
Registered Office: Southwold House, 66 Botley Road, Park Gate, Southampton, United Kingdom. Company Number: 07810000