Fire wardens play a key role in the safe evacuation of a building in the event of a fire. This course covers the role of the designated fire Warden and gives the opportunity to learn about the different types of fire extinguisher and how to use them correctly. A necessity for most workplaces, delegates receive additional training in human behaviour, passive protective measures and the various specific actions to be taken in the event of a fire.
The course duration is 3½ hours, including registration.
Who will benefit
This course will be of benefit to all those designated as fire wardens or fire marshals. It is suitable for employees working in industry, commerce or the public sector and meets the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Candidates will develop:
- A greater awareness of fire risks and prevention methods;
- A practical understanding of evacuation techniques;
- Knowledge of human behaviour in the event of a fire;
- Understanding of both the provision and use of fire fighting equipment.
The course content includes:
- Fire Safety Legislation;
- Fire behaviour and smoke movement;
- Common causes of fire and fire prevention methods;
- Safety features within a building;
- The various specific roles of a fire warden;
- Information on human behaviour;
- Human behaviour case studies;
- Safe evacuation procedures and fire drills;
- Liaison with the Fire and Rescue Service;
- Classes of fire;
- An overview of the use and provision of fire-fighting equipment.
Assessment and Certification
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Please note - there will be a maximum of 12 deligates per course.
For more information or to make a booking, please contact our training department.
-By email: email@example.com
Turnbull Fire Consultancy Ltd
32 Hazeleigh Avenue
Return to training main page
Registered Office: Southwold House, 66 Botley Road, Park Gate, Southampton, United Kingdom. Company Number: 07810000